Chemin d'Arles

Vous n'êtes pas identifié. Si vous voulez poster un message, il vous faudra vous identifier.

#1 2007-02-07 13:14:23

kelly

Arles Path In March 2007

Hello there.  My name is Kelly and I am planning to set off from Arles in mid March.  I would be very grateful for any advice particularly concerning what kind of weather conditions I can expect.  Thank you for your help

Kelly, England

#2 2007-02-08 12:03:22

Santiago-Joe

Re: Arles Path In March 2007

Hi Kelly, if anybody could foresee the wheather conditions, he would be millionaire...
I will start end of march from Arles and am prepared to have snow or rests of snow between Lodeve
and Castres and perhaps have to take the bus to 'make' the Somport. However - if it is not too bad - I love walking under winter conditions.   
Good luck.
Joe

#3 2007-02-09 14:12:09

blanco
CdA team

Re: Arles Path In March 2007

Hi Kelly,
Santiago-Joe is right. You may have snow, specially in the area of Bousquet-d'Orb to Murat-sur-Vèbre (2 stages with a pass at 1100m) and at the Somport (there's a ski resort at Candanchu, down the pass!). Don't worry, local people will tell you whether the path is secured enough or not. If not, just be (mentally) prepared to take alternate routes:  little roads in the Haut-Languedoc natural park and, as Santiago-Joe said, the bus in the Vallée d'Aspe (at Accous). When you reach Lodève, you'll get the picture of what's going on in the Haut-Languedoc and it will be time or not to buy a 1:100 000 map to make your way. As far as the Somport is concerned, just go to the tourist office at Oloron-Ste-Marie. They will provide you with appropriate details (snow or not, weather in general in the valleys, bus timetable). The idea of taking alternate routes may be disappointing, but if that is to happen, you'll have the fantastic luck to hike across beautiful snowy landscapes. Stimulating, isn't it?
Have a great hiking/pilgrimage,
Blanco

<

Pied de page des forums