Chemin d'Arles

Vous n'êtes pas identifié. Si vous voulez poster un message, il vous faudra vous identifier.

#1 2013-06-18 20:35:05

La Suede

5-6 days in July, where to go?

Hello and bonjour!

Je cherche d'un endroit pour marcher pendant 5 à 6 jours en Juillet, que recommandez-vous?

I took some help from Google Translate to write that, since there seems to be a lot of french people on this forum. wink But the above is my main question! I want to know which part of the Arles Route you would recommend for me in the middle of July, 5-6 walking days, alone? Of course somewhere where it's not TOO hot! Which is the BEST part?

I've also been thinking of the first part of La Puy Route, but I've heard that it can be crowded? That you have to book accommodation before? I'm not sure that's what I want.

I want to be able to walk alone and reflect, but also have the possibility to meet people and be social. I want to see beautiful landscapes and pretty villages on my walk, and I don't want to plan to much, just come to a place, and just: Well, this is nice, maybe I can sleep here? (if you know what I mean)

I hope you can give me some advice on this! All you experienced out there! smile

(I've also been thinking of the last part of Camino Sanabres (Via de la Plata) in Spain, and as I said before, La Puy Route. If you can compare these and recommend me one, I would be most grateful!

Merci beaucoup!
Maria, 24, Suède

#2 2013-06-19 12:38:52

RanDo

Re: 5-6 days in July, where to go?

Hi Maria,

Normally, July is quite hot in the south-west of France (around 30°C). Except in hilly regions, with a few degrees less.
But weather has been quite hectic so far this year. We had a very cold spring in France while you were nearly suffering of too much heat in Sweden! How is July going to be?
The beginning of the Le Puy route would have been the best solution for you as far as temperature is concerned, but, as you mentionned, it is very crowded and booking accomodation is higly recommended unless you don't mind having no bed!
On the Arles route there are 2 hilly sections: Lodève - La Salvetat (Haut-Languedoc) and Oloron - Jaca (across the Pyrenées). I would recommend the second one because of its accessibility and the landscapes and despite an unpleasant section along a national road in the Aspe valley.
If possible heat is secondary, the section between l'Isle Jourdain (close to Toulouse) and Maubourguet (close to Pau) may fit your request for beautiful landscapes and pretty villages. Booking accomodation on the Arles route is not as required as it is on the Le Puy route, but it may prove confortable to book in the morning for the next night.

RanDo

#3 2013-12-27 06:25:59

MM

Re: 5-6 days in July, where to go?

Good question.  Thanks for asking.   I'm also looking for similar answers...

<

Pied de page des forums