Chemin d'Arles

Vous n'êtes pas identifié. Si vous voulez poster un message, il vous faudra vous identifier.

#1 2015-09-21 17:06:22

dlooney

A Day walk from Arles

I will be in Arles 10 - 14 October and want to walk a day on the Arles route.  (I walked from St. Jean Pied de Port to Santiago in 2013).  Is the chemin marked well and how?  Will the route be ok for walking shoes?  We will not have boots.  We will start at St. Trophime and walk ot St. Gilles.  Merci

#2 2015-09-21 18:40:04

blanco
CdA team

Re: A Day walk from Arles

Hi dlooney,
From Arles to St Gilles, the route is entirely flat, partly road, partly easy trail. Boots are not required, walking shoes are OK. Red+white marks (GR type) are quite easy to follow, except maybe from St Trophime to the outskirts of Arles.
If you don't have a topoguide, this is how to find your way from St Trophime : cross the Rhône river over the bridge "pont de la Trinquetaille", then turn left (stairs down) along the river, take rue André Benoit, then rue de la Verrerie. Pass below the railway bridge, then below road N113. At the next crossroads, take road C108 to Gimeaux, you're on your way ...
Have a nice walk

#3 2015-09-28 19:34:08

dlooney

Re: A Day walk from Arles

Blanco - thank you very much for the detailed information.  This is exactly what I was looking for.  We are looking forward to our walk!  Merci!

<

Pied de page des forums