Chemin d'Arles

Vous n'êtes pas identifié. Si vous voulez poster un message, il vous faudra vous identifier.

#1 2007-10-15 15:40:26

timvines

Route d'Arles avec un chien/Arles route with a dog

Salut/Hello

I want to start from Montpellier (I live 20 metres from the route), but I have a dog I must take with me. Will staying in the hostels be a problem? Has anyone seen anyone else travelling with a dog?

Tim

#2 2007-10-17 17:48:56

blanco
CdA team

Re: Route d'Arles avec un chien/Arles route with a dog

Hi Tim,

Personally, I haven't seen anyone walking with a dog. Based on my experience on several routes, I don't see how you could stay in a gite unless someone in the villages takes care of your dog (as it is the case with horses or donkeys). As far as hotels are concerned, you probably already know that some accept and some don't allow you to keep your dog with you.
Since you live at (or by) Montpellier, why don't you pass a few phone calls at St Gilles, Gallargues le Montueux, St Guilhem le Désert and other places around, just to know what's their reaction ?
Thanks for letting the forums'readers know the outcome. Could be useful for other pilgrims.

Blanco

#3 2007-10-22 11:40:13

Jean-Pierre

Re: Route d'Arles avec un chien/Arles route with a dog

Please ask a veterinary surgeon whether it is suitable for a dog (for your dog!) to walk hundreds of kilometers, very often on rough paths and roads. I have no personal experience with dogs, but I have read that dogs physically are not "made" for long distance walking.

Jean-Pierre

<

Pied de page des forums