Chemin d'Arles

Vous n'êtes pas identifié. Si vous voulez poster un message, il vous faudra vous identifier.

#1 2007-03-03 00:40:23

Keith

Arrival in Arles

A pilgrim looking for answers.  I am to start the Arles route at the end of March and am wondering about some specific things.  Is there a refugio in Arles that welcomes pilgrims at the beginning of their journey?  Must one get a credential stamp in Arles to prove you started the journey there?  Thank you in advance for info.  See ya on the trail.

Keith

#2 2007-03-03 15:34:09

RanDo

Re: Arrival in Arles

Hi Keith,
2 years ago, there was no gîte / refugio in Arles. I don't know whether any opened in the meantime. But there are many other accomodation options: a youth hostel(if you are a member), hotel rooms(many small hotels downtown at reasonable price) or bed & breakfast.
No, you don't need the Arles stamp on your credencial for the rest of the path, unless you definitively want it (eg as a souvenir). You can get one at St-Trophime church, which is anyway to be visited for its famous cloister.
Enjoy your hike / pilgrimage,
RanDo

#3 2007-03-06 09:21:33

Jean-Pierre

Dear Keith,
there has been published a new "Miam-miam-dodo" (in French) for the Arles path wich contains all informations about the "infrastructure" in each village along the way. You will find the informations you need about Arles in this guide. Look here:

http://www.amazon.fr/s/ref=nb_ss_b/171- … =miam+dodo

Or ask here:   http://www.compostelle-paca-corse.info/accueil.php .

Best regards,
Jean-Pierre

#4 2007-03-10 03:16:50

Keith

Jean-Pierre and RanDo,

Thank you so much for your valuable information.  I have MiamMiam Dodo in my possession as well as Le Chemin d' Arles, and an english version from the Confernity of St. James.  I am brushing up on my French and hopefully will have a fantastic walk.  RanDo, thank you for the tip on St. Trophime Cathedral.  I'm going to spend a day in Arles on the way out and will absolutely take in this site. 

Again, thanks for the help.  I can't wait to repay other pilgrims with my acquired knowledge.

Keith

#5 2007-03-10 10:31:02

Terje

Dear Keith,
Just days until you hit the road. I will follow end april as soon as my oldest son have been married. Would not be popular to leave home before that. I have picked up the hint about the Miam-Miam dodo and will look into that. The german Outdoors book is on the way to me from my friend Werner in Germany and I am about to start packing my sack. It will not be as heavy as last year. I then had to send 4kg by mail to Santiago. Maximum 12 kilo all included is my advice or else you will suffer.
I will try to use the same philosofi as last time. Sleep when tired, eat when hungry and drink when thursty. Forget about the rest of the world for awhile and enjoy the road. Last year I cheated a little wathing football on TV at night as it was in the middle of the World championships. This time I might try finding some internet cafes to look up this page, looking for comment on the path and sharing some of my experiences. I guess that will belong under statements. Hope you will drop some lines on this forum as you go.
Have a nice walk

Terje (Norway)

<

Pied de page des forums