Chemin d'Arles

Vous n'êtes pas identifié. Si vous voulez poster un message, il vous faudra vous identifier.

#1 2007-03-19 11:53:39

Anja

Toulouse to Auch

Hi Fellow Pilgrims,  I intend to start in Toulouse on the way from Arles to Santiago.

Is there a contact address in Toulouse where I may obtain the credencial (passport), a stamp and a route description?

#2 2007-03-19 15:57:56

RanDo

Re: Toulouse to Auch

Hi Anja,
There are two places in Toulouse where you can get a credencial: ACIR (Association de Coopération Interrégionale - Les Chemins de Saint-Jacques de Compostelle) located downtown, 4 rue Clémence Isaure (opened during working days and hours) and St Sernin Basilica (you'll have to ask a priest). If you plan to reach Toulouse during a week-end, things may be more difficult. In that case you'd better get one in advance : ACIRdeliver credencials by mail as well as national associations of friends of St James (depending on the country where you are originated).
Once you have your credencial, you can get a stamp in many places: St Sernin, the Hotel Dieu St Jacques, for instance. You can buy a route description (topoguide) in various bookshops in Toulouse, but it is likely to be in French. If you cannot read French, browse the discussions on theses forums, there are references to various guides in other languages. Once you are in Toulouse, go to the tourist office behind the Capitole if you're missing anything. They're quite helpful.
RanDo

#3 2007-03-20 12:11:07

Anja

Re: Toulouse to Auch

RanDo a écrit:

Hi Anja,
There are two places in Toulouse where you can get a credencial: ACIR (Association de Coopération Interrégionale - Les Chemins de Saint-Jacques de Compostelle) located downtown, 4 rue Clémence Isaure (opened during working days and hours) and St Sernin Basilica (you'll have to ask a priest). If you plan to reach Toulouse during a week-end, things may be more difficult. In that case you'd better get one in advance : ACIRdeliver credencials by mail as well as national associations of friends of St James (depending on the country where you are originated).
RanDo

I am very happy with this information, RanDo.  Thank you very much.

<

Pied de page des forums