Chemin d'Arles

Vous n'êtes pas identifié. Si vous voulez poster un message, il vous faudra vous identifier.

#1 2008-10-21 11:19:27

Nicholas

Cost of accommodation

Can someone please give me some indication of the cost of the various types of accommodation that there is along the route? Also, are there plenty of shops en route to buy provisions as one goes along? Thanks in advance.

#2 2008-10-31 23:42:00

blanco
CdA team

Re: Cost of accommodation

can you specify which route you are expecting to take + town of departure and town of arrival ?

#3 2008-11-07 11:10:50

Nicholas

Blanco.
I would be starting at Arles and going on to Puenta La Reina along the route as indicated on the Arles route map. I would probably then carry on to Santiago de Compostela. I am just after general information though about food and accomodation, so it doesn't have to be in depth. Perhaps you could tell me if there are stages that you know that food and shelter are in short supply. I would carry a small tent anyway.
Thanks.

#4 2008-11-13 16:32:18

blanco
CdA team

Hi Nicholas,

Assuming that you would complete your walk during the 'regular' period (ie april-october), you shouldn't have accomodation problems along the French route. For average walks of 20-25 kms a day, you would find municipal or private gites at the end of the day. Cost of municipal gites is generally 10-12€ (bed only). Cost of private gites is around 25-30€ (B&B plus dinner). There are also a few places where you could stay in monasteries or be hosted by the local parish. Although the Arles route is not crowded (as is the Le Puy route), it is recommended to make a reservation the day before or, in a few places where reservations are not accepted, make sure that a bed is available.
As far as food is concerned, there are small shops all along the route. Shouldn't be a problem to do your shopping. But again, you should ask local people which shops are opened or not for the next day and organise accordingly.
All references for accomodation and food are provided in the various guides of the route. In addition, there's a dedicated guide on the subject: the 'miam-miam-dodo' (in French) that can be found on the Web.
Concerning the Spanish portion of the route (camino aragonés and camino francés) I suggest that you have a look to the MundiCaminowebsite.

Blanco

#5 2008-11-19 21:14:00

Nicholas

Hello Blanco,
Thanks very much for your information. That was just what I needed to know.
Regards
Nicholas

#6 2008-11-28 15:46:40

HSchwarz

Dear Nicholas,
here is a book full of informations about accomodation (with prices), shops, etc.:

http://www.amazon.fr/Miam-miam-dodo-che … amp;sr=8-7

This book allows you to plan your daily distances, to make reservations (to be sure to find an accomodation for every evening), to look for the shops if there are, etc. I recommend you to take this book with you (or at least to buy it at Arles or Montpellier).

Jean-Pierre

<

Pied de page des forums